The Cottages at Ravenridge
- The original house built on the property around 1970 and renovated in 2003 has a footprint of 700± square feet.
- Full kitchen with Maytag refrigerator, Magic Chef electric range, and KitchenAid dishwasher.
- Living room with sofa bed and contemporary Danish Mors? woodstove; separate bedroom; full bathroom with tub; laundry room.
- Patio with views to the north and west accessible from living room.
- New patio (2016) at the back of the cottage is adjacent to the old redwood water tank with its recently added conical cedar shake roof (2015). A small garden wraps the patio, with a gravel-covered yard beyond, dominated by an old apricot tree.
- Built in 1989 and renovated in 2003, the 750± square foot guest cottage has an open floorplan, dramatic high ceiling, vintage wood windows, galley kitchen, and bathroom with shower.
- Attic storage accessed by a drop-down ladder.
- Fenced Compound: The two cottages are close to one another, yet private, separated by parking area and privacy fence. The cottages are surrounded by an improved perimeter fence (2015) that keeps wildlife out and visiting dogs in.
- The two cottages are close to one another, yet private, separated by a parking area and privacy fence. The cottages are surrounded by an improved perimeter fence (2015) that keeps wildlife out and visiting dogs in.
- Established olive orchard of Frantoio and Pendolino varieties propagated at the MacEvoy Ranch in Petaluma.
- Large live oaks in the shared parking area and outside the fence provide welcome shade in summer heat.
- Beyond the fenced area a pair of large live oaks supports a summer hammock. Small orchard of established almond, walnut, and chestnut trees has recently been expanded with plantings of Cork Oaks.
RAVENRIDGE VACATION RENTAL BUSINESS
Since 2003, the two cottages have operated as vacation rentals, licensed through Mendocino County. The Cottages at Ravenridge have flourished and become a beloved destination for many repeat guests, with 5 star ratings on VRBO. The cottages are nestled beneath a spreading live oak with dramatic hillside vistas that beckon westward to the Mendocino coast. The nearby forest comprised of Douglas firs, redwoods, madrones, and oaks provides habitat for an assortment of wildlife and birds, including the resident ravens. Cottage guests experience country-getaway privacy and comfortable amenities in an exceptional setting. The two cottages are separated by a privacy fence and shared parking area. The surrounding perimeter fence keeps wildlife out and visiting dogs in. Whether family, friends, or paying guests, cottage visitors enjoy both a relaxing retreat and a convenient home base for exploring the area's beauty and bounty.
- The Cottages at Ravenridge business (brand, logo, website, social media, and participation in county lodging association promotional efforts) has developed a clientele of Mendocino County wine enthusiasts, wedding guests, and visitors from far and wide, often urban dwellers seeking a tranquil country getaway.
- A modest 17% occupancy rate in 2015 generated gross revenue of $25,000. Promotional efforts could significantly increase occupancy rate and income.
- The limited number of lodging options in the area and the growing number of people attending weddings or discovering the region offer a promising business opportunity.
WATER TREATMENT SYSTEM
- Water softener and UV purification system located in enclosure behind Hillview Cottage.
- Well Houses: The two wells are situated at the entrance to the fenced cottage compound. Each well is enclosed in a protective structure. The larger "old" well pump house is used to store firewood for the cottages.
- Redwood Water Tank: Constructed at the time the original house was built, the 10,000± gallon redwood tank is made from clear heart old growth redwood. The conical roof with cedar shake shingles was added in 2015.
- Storage Barn: A pre-fabricated storage barn in the area below the cottages provides storage for equipment and building materials.
- Some furniture, appliances, and equipment are for sale. The Cottages at Ravenridge vacation rental business logo, web site, print collateral, furnishings, and truck can be made available for purchase.